How to deal blackjack – what else should the croupier know?
How to deal blackjack: main rules of the game
The organization of blackjack is the responsibility of the blackjack dealer. He works with clients, explains the rules, helps to understand difficult situations. For someone, such work seems easy and perfect. But in fact, it requires a lot of skills, and endurance not only the knowledge of how to deal blackjack cards.
Each blackjack round begins with the players making their bets, which are placed in special places on the table called “boxes”. Each table clearly indicates the minimum and maximum rates. After all bets have been placed, each player is dealt two cards face up, and the dealer deals one card face up or two cards, depending on the variation of the game.
The player’s task is to defeat the dealer. To do this, the gambler needs to score more points than the dealer, but not exceeding 21.
The player can also take extra cards to score extra points. The dealer acts according to strict rules, which depend on the type of blackjack. Therefore, it is important to familiarize yourself with the rules of the variety in which you play, since your decisions in each distribution depend on this.
Functions of the dealer or how to deal blackjack
Blackjack can be played with a traditional deck of 52 cards or the number of decks can vary from 2 to 8 decks.
Main points of the game:
- When playing one or two decks, the dealer shuffles the cards and offers one of the players to split the deck to exclude card counting.
- After each round, the cards are shuffled. When playing blackjack in several decks, the cards are shuffled in the shoe.
- After all bets have been made, the dealer proceeds to deal cards. After all the cards have been dealt, the croupier asks players about the next move.
- In most casinos, players are not allowed to touch the cards. Only the dealer has the right to touch them in order to avoid any falsification, replacement, or any other activity that may affect the fairness of the game.
We need to mention that now there are a huge number of courses to become a dealer. In which you any interested person can learn: all nuances of the game including how to deal cards in blackjack or any other table game. Of course, you can learn how to deal blackjack by yourself.
Tips for blackjack croupier
Now let’s see what it takes to become a good dealer. If you are going to be a professional dealer at blackjack, then you need to consider several important points:
- Dealers are the face of the company, so they must have good communication skills and manners. Also, the dealer must be stress-resistant, sometimes players can blame croupier for their failures.
- The dealer must have diplomatic skills to resolve conflicts.
- The dealer must adapt to the mood of the table – be cheerful, sociable, or serious, sometimes silent.
- The dealer must be well-versed in mathematics because he is responsible for the correct counting of chips. He should also know how to deal blackjack at different variations of the game.
- The ability to quickly shuffle cards is optional. This can be learned by the dealer during the work process.
The job of a dealer in a casino is fraught with a lot of interesting things, but at the same time, it is an exhausting job.